Vegan, Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies with Jam
Low-Sugar, Vegan Thumbprint Cookies are fun to make! Kids love making them and eating them. A great way to get nutrient dense nuts, seeds, and legumes into the diet. I grind my pumpkin seeds and roasted chickpeas in my coffee grinder. Low sugar and high in protein and healthy fats. See here for more info on ingredients and how to…
Here are a few recipes that are variants on the theme of my previous post, linked above.
Recipe for a Small Batch of Vegan, Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies with Jam
- 3 tbsp Roasted Chickpeas
- 1.5 tbsp Dry Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Blanched Almond
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Pumpkin Seed
- 1/2 tbsp Raw Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Goji Berry or Yellow Raisin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder, I prefer Indonesian
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Walnut Oil
- Kefir or Milk of Your Choice, enough to make a moist, soft cookie dough, start with 2 tbsp
- You favorite jam or jams, or pieces of fruit.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk
- Combine liquid ingredients in a seperate bowl with a whisk
- Combine dry and liquid ingredients with a spatula until desired texture
- Use a spoon or the spatula to separate out cookie sized amounts of dough.
- With moistened or oiled hands form the dough into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet
- Use your thumb to make a depression for the jam
- Use a small spoon to place jam into center of cookies